Meet Baltimore’s latest hot healthcare startup, PA & Associates Healthcare and our app that’s saving hospitals millions of dollars per year…Kermit.
What we’re up to
We’re funded by one of Baltimore’s most beloved former NFL players. We’re about to onboard the nation’s largest non-profit healthcare system on our platform. We’re working with lighthouse customer environments who adopt early innovations because they see our vision. We’ve been selected to participate in the preeminent health IT accelerator program in the US. We’re the definition of disruptive and we’re looking for our next lead developer to take our application to the next level.
As our Lead Developer for Kermit (built on the Mendix Platform — www.mendix.com), you will lead high-end business solutions for our key customers. You’re the project lead in a multidisciplinary team and you will have the opportunity to work with outstanding talent with all facets of business innovation. You will have previous consultancy experience and ideally come from a custom software development background, particularly using the agile methodology.
You will be hands-on, and play an intrinsic part of the development process of our healthcare application, using the Mendix platform. You will be responsible for the preparation and execution of multiple phases; through project planning, development and successful customer adoption. Communication throughout the project is crucial – you will be the “go-to” person for management updates, new product features and product enhancements. You will work directly with the organizations co-founders and senior executives, as well as supporting our partners and will be a catalyst to influencing the success of Mendix technology implementations, as well as driving adoption of our methodology.
You’ll help us drive digital innovation by
- Becoming a Mendix expert to steer innovation within Mendix technology implementations
- Supporting customers in enabling them to become self-sufficient with the Mendix platform
- Motivating the team with the values and principals of a scrum/agile led implementations with Mendix
You’re the innovator we need if you
- Work with key clients and stakeholders to implement solutions on the Mendix platform in context of their business and technical needs
- Are responsible for project lifecycle, including understanding project requirements, Mendix Platform value, effective solutions within budget and long-term platform success strategy
- Design and implement business processes using Mendix technology
- Understand the development effort to proactively identify scope creep or increased budget requires as well as communicate progress to customer and project manager
- Deliberate decision making with respect to design and development of functionality within the context of the deliverable applications
- Assist in identifying other business process issues with current systems in which the Mendix platform could provide a solution
- You get jazzed about and have a proven track record for leading and delivering software projects as a senior consultant / project manager
- You’re a high-energy professional that loves to engage with our executive team and our customer to drive innovation in their organization
- You have a good understanding of technologies like SQL, BPMN, MDD and possible Java, .Net – you don’t have to be a coder, but a general understanding is definitely a pro
- Custom software development is something you’ve actually done or work within an organization that focused on software development
What you’ll experience at PA & Associates Healthcare
- We consider our people as people – not assets
- Our employee turnover rate is ridiculously low
- We’re focused on results – not “boxes” and “rules”
- We’re all unique and we want you to be yourself
- We celebrate success as a team
- We are a low-key, fun and relaxed environment
- We care about personal and professional development
What we offer
- Competitive pay based on experience for the Baltimore/Washington D.C. market
- Health, vision and dental benefits with a majority of premium covered by us for the team member, as well as family coverage
- Opportunity to participate in Employee Incentive Ownership program through stock option