About the Role
As a Senior Business Engineer you’ll be joining the CIO ‘Fast Track’ team here at LV=. This is a truly exciting part of the business. They’re a small team dedicated to driving innovative thinking, developing, testing and implementing new technologies and new ways of working to deliver rapid business solutions in a highly collaborative way. They just make change happen; able to quickly turn around new and innovative ideas based on business needs and requests.
Reporting to the Fast Track Innovation Director, as a Senior Business Engineer you will lead a team of three business engineers, prioritising and managing workload and supporting their technical development. The role will be hands on, managing, supporting and delivering multiple strategic initiatives.
We’re looking for someone with the following experience:
- Mendix development experience
- Team management experience
- Used to working in an agile environment
- Be highly collaborative
- Ability to devise solutions to business problems
- You’ll need to be able to demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the origanisation, influence and persuade
- Delivery of solutions into business units through combination of technology, process and culture change.
- Establishing initial requirements and modern ways of working
- Translating business needs into technology solutions
- Developing or co-developing final technology solutions using a variety of business technologies
- Test, Document, Maintain, Enhance final solutions
- Establish tracking and Communicate Benefits/Impact of change; TCO aspiration in support of the LV= wide cost challenge
- Working with local teams across LV= to educate, collaborate and communicate on new technologies and new ways of working in support of Digitise the Enterprise/Fast track.
- Transition “test and learn” Business Technologies into live running production state system.
- Working within CIO to follow and reinforce the frameworks, governance and strategic approaches for the development and support of fast-track/business technology
- Coach and mentor individuals and teams to maximise business capability and skills in fast-track/business technologies and agile working practices
- Identify, research and learn new and upcoming technologies and process skills to deliver business solutions with a ‘test and learn’ approach. Further work with different business areas to help with handover of the projects into a BAU and set up the process around it.
About the benefits
This role is a Band C in the LV= Structure. To find out more about our bands, click to view our FAQ page here
We want you to love what you do. That’s why we’ve put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done. We’ll give you:
- a competitive pension (please click here to read more about it)
- an annual bonus scheme
- 30 days’ holiday
- private medical insurance
- a flexible benefits package (eg: dental insurance, childcare vouchers, retail vouchers)
- and a generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home and car, and up to 12% off our life products
Here at LV= we always love to hear from great people, so don’t forget to follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and become a fan on Facebook. We’re also proud to say we’re an equal opportunities employer.