As a Business Engineer and Developer you will work with a Senior Business Engineer to help design and deliver new or existing applications.
As part of a small team you will develop high-quality applications. You will make decisions with respect to design and development of functionality within the context of the deliverable application. You will also be responsible for the production of application documentation. This is a role that will set the foundation of your career and bridge the gap between academic experience and professional experience in computing in a commercial industry.
- You must have an understanding of the software development life cycle, including but not limited to customer requirements gathering, data modelling, application analysis, development, testing, documentation and system acceptance.
- You must possess strong judgement, communication, diplomacy, collaboration and organisational skills.
- You must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, being structured and accurate.
- You must be independent but able to participate in a team and have the ability to interact positively and communicate appropriately with other team members and customers.
- You must be analytical and able to solve problems.
- You must have a proactive attitude and be willing to make any extra effort required to ensure that the company delivers and maintains its enviable reputation.
Desired Training, Education and Experience:
- Relevant technical or business Bachelor Degree or higher is preferred, but not required.
- Experience of working with, or knowledge of, the Agile Software Development model.
- Experience with object modelling, or object oriented design, techniques and tools.
- Experience developing web services, web service APIs, as well as implementing code to consume existing APIs..
- Java / C# and SQL development experience.
- Experience in visual programming.
This position is based in Malvern, Worcestershire but successful candidates would be expected to travel, where necessary, to UK-based client sites.