As a Principal Business Engineer and Technical Lead you will work with customers to analyse their needs for the development of new or existing applications.
Based on business cases and the business processes of the customer, together with a small team you will develop use cases from the requirements and model these into high-quality applications. You will make decisions with respect to design and development of functionality within the context of the deliverable application. You will be confident to assume project management responsibilities and communicate progress with the customer, deliver workshops and drive stakeholder management. You will also be responsible for the production of project plans and application documentation.
- You must have a thorough understanding of the software development life cycle, including but not limited to customer requirements gathering, data modelling, application analysis, development, testing, documentation, system acceptance and post migration validation. You must have experience in the design and programming of software from its inception, including UI design.
- You must have an in depth knowledge of the Mendix Application Platform.
- You must possess strong judgement, leadership, communication, diplomacy, collaboration and organisational skills.
- You must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, being structured and accurate, and have the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers and subject matter experts.
- You must be independent and able to lead a team and have the ability to interact positively and communicate appropriately with team members and customers.
- You must be analytical and able to solve problems.
- You must have a proactive attitude and be willing to make any extra effort required to ensure that the company delivers and maintains its enviable reputation.
Desired Training, Education and Experience:
- Relevant technical or business Bachelor Degree or higher is preferred, but not required.
- Experience working with the Agile Software Development model; business analysis, project management and sprint scoping.
- Experience with object modelling, or object oriented design, techniques and tools.
- Experience providing operational support (e.g. troubleshooting reported issues, identifying root problems, developing solutions).
- Experience developing web services, web service APIs, as well as implementing code to consume existing APIs.
- Java / C# and SQL development experience.
- Experience in visual programming.
- Experience working with any of the following; OpenText MBPM, OpenText Content Server, OpenText Process Suite, Cordys, Sequence Kinetics, K2.
This position is based in Malvern, Worcestershire, but successful candidates would be expected to travel, where necessary, to UK-based client sites.