Job Title: IT Developer III
Job ID: MDTJP00017874
Location: 8200 Coral Sea Street NE, Mounds View
Duration: 12 Months Contract
Remote – YES – We are opening this up to individuals with Mendix experience that would work remote but be willing to be on-site initially for a week or two to meet the team and then at a minimum once a quarter + during project launches. They would need to be in the US though to minimize time zone differences.
Provide web application development and support including:
- creating Mendix applications using the Mendix Business Modeler
- working with remote project teams using the Agile project methodology for development activities
- tracing requests through web, application and database layers
- working with teams providing infrastructure support
This position requires excellent problem solving skills and a firm understanding of the Mendix development platform and hosting environment. It will include handling many small tasks simultaneously needing strong organization skills. Excellent communication, both oral and written, is needed for working with web architects, developers, web support analysts and other teams.
MAIN JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop new functionality in Mendix applications as well as fix defects in existing systems.
- Provide diagnostics on existing Web applications to learn environment.
- Communicate with end users to help diagnose issues
- Provide training for new resources (that will provide on-going support)
- Analyze Java and Grails code to perform fixes
- Work with Architects to develop enhancements for Java and Grails applications
- Continue assisting with diagnosing issues
- Provide guidance for less experienced resources
- Work with remote project team to perform development activities
- Development done using an Agile methodology
- Participate in regular project meetings for scrums, design, demos, etc.
- Provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, and practicable, and consistent with organization objectives.
- Ensure that Medtronic’s systems and the information on them are protected in accordance with Medtronic’s Information Protection Policies and Standards, as well as best Information Protection practices
Bachelor’s degree or Masters in Computer Science/ Computer Applications (MS/MCA)
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
5 years of IT experience in web development.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- 3+ years Java development
- 1+ year of Mendix development
- Comprehensive understanding of complex software and information technology solutions and ability to apply to client needs
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills
- Prioritization skills
- Analytical problem solving skills
- Work independently as well as cooperatively
- Business analysis and requirements definition skills
- Agile development experience helpful
Thanks & Regards,
Manager – Staffing
Artech Information Systems LLC
360 Mt. Kemble Avenue, Suite 2000 | Morristown, NJ 07960
Office: 973.967.3523 | Fax: 973.998.2599
Email: Murali.Manur@artechinfo.com | Website: www.artechinfo.com
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com