The Senior Software Engineer will be an important part of the development team working on solution design, development, and release. This company is growing RAPIDLY and is 100% remote. You must have the Mendix Academy Rapid Developer certification for this role. Ideally, this person will have been in a development role as a individual contributor for the past 3 or more years, having worked with Mendix for at least 1 in a professional setting. If this sounds like you – shoot me over a resume or give me a call and I’d love to set something up!
Junior Mendix Consultant
TimeSeries, the smart app company, is looking for Junior Mendix Consultants to join our team!
TimeSeries delivers smart, user friendly Mendix applications to our clients.
As a Junior Mendix Consultant, you will use the model driven software development tool Mendix and our own Big Data / Internet of Things / Artificial Intelligence platform to develop innovative, high quality applications for our interesting and diverse clients. You will be part of our Rapid Application Development team, who work in small, multidisciplinary teams on complex and exciting IT projects.
We have offices in Rotterdam and Utrecht, but most of the time you’ll be working at a client location, talking to people from the business and IT alike. Your magic with Mendix will turn complex business requirements into flexible, great looking apps in no time. We help our clients perform better, work more efficient and become future-proof!
What we’re looking for:
- You love to develop creative, innovative apps
You are a creative thinker and like to create beautiful applications that make the world run better. TimeSeries builds wonderful applications that enhance our customers’ business and put broad smiles on the faces of their users. We’ll make a great match!
- You have completed a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree
Preferably IT related like Computer Science, Information Science, Artificial Intelligence, Business Information Management et cetera, but other backgrounds are most welcome too!
- Your brains!
No, we’re not zombies. We’re looking for the best people on the market, those that want to learn, those brilliant minds that dare to experiment with technology! We constantly develop and improve ourselves, so we need you to be curious and wanting to learn.
- You have 0 to 2 years of professional working experience in IT or related fields of work
- You have 0 to 2 years of Mendix experience, preferably having passed the Mendix Rapid Developer certification
- Haven’t got your Mendix certification yet? No problem, let’s work on it together!
- You have a winner’s mentality and like to work within a team!
What we’re offering you:
- Competitive salary
We pay you for what you are; the best consultant on the market!
- 30 days off per year
We love to work hard, play hard, and rest well.
- All you need to start creating!
We will provide you with everything you need to do your work; a company car, phone, laptop, training, certification and everything else.
- Work with the latest, cutting edge technologies
Work with technologies like Mendix, our Big Data/IoT platform, or discover new upcoming technologies.
- Lots of room for personal development
Speaking of new upcoming technologies… If you find a specific topic interesting and you want to immerse yourself in it, you can! We reserve time for you to learn, discover and develop yourself, up to 20 percent of your working hours!
- A fun, inspiring working environment where you’ll work with the best Mendix experts
You will be able to learn a great deal from each other. Your helpful, experienced colleagues want to see you grow in the field of Mendix, business consultancy itself and other aspects of being a Mendix consultant.
We regularly have internal knowledge sessions and workshops that help bring you up to speed with the latest in IT.
Our colleagues also speak at public engagements like the Mendix Meetups at Mendix HQ and we compete in and win Mendix Hackathons!
(like at Mendix World 2016 and more recently, the UWV Mendix Hackathon)
Apart from that, having fun is a very important factor in our young company culture. We go out for good food. We love good drinks, television series, games, concerts, sports et cetera and talk about them all the time. Come as you are and we hope you’ll feel at home from the start!
TimeSeries, the smart app company, is a young, fast growing firm that specializes in the Rapid Application Development (RAD) platform Mendix. Our consultants are among the best, industry recognized Mendix experts (all Advanced or Expert Mendix Developers) and we build intelligent, context-aware and proactive solutions for our clients which are Cloud-ready and multi-channel (desktop/tablet/phone).
We envision and create great apps using Mendix. However, to really turn great apps into smart apps, we add the capabilities of our own Big Data platform!
The combination of these two powerful IT technologies provides us with the means to quickly collect, analyse and consolidate large time series of data. We can apply machine learning and artificial intelligence to make predictions based on the collected data, such as the app for the Oxxio smart meter.
“We are all entrepe-nerds and we put our customers needs and relationships above all. We do that by outsmarting everyone with the best people, latest technologies and commitment to the limit. We innovate by experimenting and learning and we thrive in an open culture. Enjoy the ride!” – TimeSeries
Solution Developer within Kuehne + Nagel BV
This is a permanent position.
- Collaborate on project basis with our customers and operational units
- Based on a scrum / agile approach
- Understand and translate customer demand to a solution based on Model Driven Development on the Mendix platform
- Recommending the organisation on the basis of knowledge of development, implementation, management and functional architecture
- Unlock data from the legacy systems such as Warehouse Management System (WMS) and Transport Management System (TMS), and/or create new features on top of these systems. These solutions unlocks new functionality driving our organisation to provide differentiating services.
- Achieve Integration Interfaces based on web services
- Functional management
- Perform training
- Independent, excellent communicator, self-starting, innovative, motivated, and empathic
- Fast Mastering, creative thinker, analytical skills
- Professional or academic background (preferably business informatics and / or software)
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the field of software development.
- Excellent knowledge of the English both verbally as in writing.
- Extensive experience with Agile projects
- Able to take leadership in smaller projects. Within larger projects you are part of the project team, led by a project manager
- Sense of commerce, monitoring plans and budgets
- Experience with a model-driven software development with a tool like Mendix or similar
- Architectural Knowledge
Following experiences are very valuable but not compulsory:
- Experience with Java
- Experience with HTML / CSS /C#
Are you a Web developer with relevant work experience and do you want to develop applications six times faster then normal? Developing with the Mendix platform makes this possible A Rapid Web Developer within Appronto is also called a Mendix Business Engineer.
As an Mendix Business Engineer within Appronto you will have an important role determining and realising solutions for our customers based on the Mendix Platform. In consultation with the client you determine the needs and translate this to the right solution.
What does your day look like?
As an Mendix Business Engineer you have a divers set of tasks; your day always varies. An example of your day could be:
- Translating customer requirements into the appropriate custom application based on the Mendix platform
- Modelling a data-model ( you can compare this with an UML / ER diagram)
- Visual programming (no longer code, but model an application in a Visio-like way)
- Make integrations & interfaces based on web-services
- Focus on User Experience and styling
- Give direction to a project team and customer consultations
- Support the pre-sales process
Desired skills & expertise
Must haves in general
- You are independent, communicative, driven, resourceful, possess empathy
- Bachelor or academic background (preferably in business and / or computer science). If you have a background in only business administration but you have relevant work experience or affinity with computer science, you can also apply
- You are proud of the (web) applications that you have developed
- You master the English language in speech and writing
- You are experienced with a scrum/agile environment
Advantages (Good if you got them, but do not hesitate to apply if you do not recognize them)
- Experience with model-drives software development tool like Mendix or something comparable
- Experience Java(script)
What can you expect from us?
- A professional organization with an open culture and room for individual initiative and personal development
- (International) growth and training opportunities
- Excellent working conditions (including an appropriate salary, variable compensation, laptop and a company car)
- You can come to an yearly Appronto event
- Have a lot of work fun and humour
Interested? Please contact us by applying for this job.
We are a start up company, developing cloud-based back office restaurant management software. Our software is in beta testing and we are in the process of raising seed investment. We are looking for a front-end developer who will have sole charge of transforming the UX of our product. Opsimize is mission-critical software that is complex – you will have a broad field for utilising your skills and creativity, and plenty of room to grow!
Skills and Experience
- Experience working with Mendix
- Experience designing and developing UX
- Agile environment experience
- Have high standards and like to do things right
- Good communicator
- Passionate about UX
- Like to work in a challenging environment
- Like small company environmentWe Are
- A small enthusiastic team with informal culture and flat structure
- Building a product that adds real measurable value for its target customers, with a growing pipeline of clients
- Based in Kings Langley, Hertfordshire, but will be moving office within the next six months to a location convenient for the entire team